12.15.2007

Everyone's Favorite - Trask!

Let me tell you a bit about one of my greatest obsessions, ever, my awesome, hilarious, laid-back and wonderful husband and very best friend, Trask. I think he is just the coolest and most adorable guy in the world, and I still am so thankful everyday when I wake up and think that he actually chose to spend his life with me! I just think that is the greatest thing ever and I feel so incredibly lucky... he made a good choice when he picked me!!

Trask at Baby Beach, Kauai, May 14, 2007

Trask and I began dating 7 years ago this month, and what a crazy 7 years it has been. I met Trask when I had just turned 18, and was a senior at Churchill High School, in Eugene. Trask was just about to turn 19 (my goodness, we were babies!) and was a freshman at Western Oregon University. I am more than positive that we were meant to find each other and spend our lives together, and since our first date in December of 2000, we have been inseparable. We got engaged right before my junior year of college, on September 20, 2003 and got married on Baby Beach in Kauai on May 14, 2005.

Speaking of 2005, it was a busy year for us that year. We moved back into my mom's house to save money in January, both graduated from college in March, we got married in May, had our wedding reception in Oceanside in June, had Trask's graduation ceremony in June, both got new jobs and moved up to Hillsboro in July, and found out I was expecting our first child in November. Busy year, but I couldn't think of anyone that I would rather spend my life with than Trask.

My favorite things about Trask is his sense of humor. He's so funny, and loves a good joke, or even a bad joke, it doesn't really matter, and he even makes up his own jokes, he's so witty, and most importantly, he laughs at my jokes. I love that he is tall, for many reasons. I like that he can reach things that I cannot, and I like that I can wear the tallest shoes ever and not even be remotely close to being taller than he is. I love that my family loves Trask, and he loves my family. Even more, I love Trask's family with all my heart, as well. Trask is really creative and I love that. He is smart and knows all sorts of random facts. He is a wonderful, involved and caring daddy to Taylor, and I fall in love with him all over again whenever I see them together. (Okay, please don't stop reading my blog - I don't get sappy all that often, and I have more fears and rants than obsessions and raves, so this won't happen all the time!!). Regardless, I just love Trask so much and cherish the years that we have spent together so far, learning, changing and growing together, and I can't wait to see what the years ahead have in store for us.

2 comments:

Jill said...

We're so like twins! Today (the 15th) marks mine and Wade's 7th First Date Anniversary! And you're right--Trask is a stud. And ridiculously intelligent for choosing such a babely wife...

Carrie Hutchings said...

That's a great picture of Trask. I don't know if it's the preggo hormones or what but this post made me teary eyed.