12.15.2007

More Obsessions

These are just some of the things in this world that make me so happy, yet they are so simple... and I am really excited to share these things with all of you. I am not ashamed of any of these favorites, not at all. Sit back and enjoy.

Mama's Family

I have been watching this show since I was in the fourth or fifth grade, and I still watch it to this day, and have the same love for it now as I did back when I was 10. I have even found old journals from my childhood and in the entries I have written about the show, or noted that I was watching it while writing. How funny is that!? I have seen all 120 episodes and love them all! I feel like Mama is very much where I get my personality and spunk from... I just love her! Trask seems to be pretty patient most of the time when it comes to watching this show over and over, but I can tell he isn't the die-hard Mama's Family fan that I know he could be. Each week, Monday through Thursday from 8-9PM is my allotted guilty pleasure Mama's Family time.


Tons of Birds Flying at Once

It really, really excites me when we are in the car driving somewhere and I see a big flock of birds landing at the same time, taking off at the same time, or just flying in a big group in all different directions. Just ask Trask how giddy I get, it's ridiculous! I don't know why this is so awesome for me, nor where this love comes from, because I am not a huge fan of birds in general. All I do know is that when we are in the car and I see birds flying everywhere, I get a little adrenaline rush and get all giggly, and then I am made fun of by my loving husband. Is this strange?

Arm-Flailing Inflatable Tube Men

I love these things so very, very much! When I see one at a car lot that I am driving by, or on top of a building at a grand opening for a store, it makes me smile and again, I get all giddy and giggly. I remember being nervous for prenatal appointments and on the way to my doctor's office we passed a car lot in downtown Hillsboro that had one or two of these flailing tubes (they don't even have to have faces for me to get really excited), and when I would see it, I would get so happy that I wasn't nervous for my doctor's appointments anymore. I remember a few times it wasn't up and I would call Trask and pout about it not being up, but now that I think about it, it's a good thing that it's not always up, because when it is out and flailing, it's like a surprise just for me, and I always appreciate it, I never take it for granted. I may get too proud and take it for granted if it were out all the time, and we do not want that, at all. Now, it's special. Is this strange?

Dryer Lint

Doesn't seeing this just get you so excited? Maybe not. I absolutely LOVE getting to take the lint out of the lint trap in the dryer. I love it more than I can explain. It is just really satisfying to get it all gathered together. I guess I don't need to elaborate on this obsession, either you like it, or you don't. I like it, a lot. See, it really is the simple things in life!

PS: Thank you so much for reading my blog, that makes me happy, too!





2 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE collecting dryer lint! I get so excited when I wash a load of new towels and I get to collect the big wad of lint from the trap--there is nothing that excites me more! I'm so glad you blogged about this, it makes me feel so in touch with the rest of the world.

Carrie Hutchings said...

Ok, I was with you on everything until I got to the dryer lint....I absolutely hate emptying the dryer lint. But, I have to say that I also love seeing huge flocks of birds flying together. Weird.