12.20.2007

Sitting, Waiting and Wishing...

I am not a patient person, at all, so waiting has never been an easy thing for me, ever. This means that my pregnancy felt like 2 years. It means that I will never be able to not find out the gender of my future-baby and to just have it be a surprise. People that can do that are amazing to me... I can only wish I was that strong and patient. Alas, I am not. And right now I feel like I am waiting for a lot. Let me break it down for you.

1. Tomorrow we are supposed to find out if Trask got the job he interviewed for at Yahoo! His interview was on Monday and they said we'd hear on Friday. That is a real quick turn-around, but not quick enough for me, and definitely not quick enough when you are broke and have nothing to do but WAIT. So, needless to say it's been a long week. I hope to have great news for you all tomorrow... please stay tuned. (Like you could ever not stay tuned, this blog is so addictive.)

2. I have a lot of friends and family that are pregnant. Without mentioning names, because some haven't come out of the 'pregnancy closet' and I don't want to 'out' them, but there are at least 6 lovely ladies in my life that are pregnant and I want those babies out of their tummies now so I can get my newborn-fix! I know that's creepy, but that is what I am best at: being creepy about little children, in a good way, though. Oh I love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! So while I am sure that the ladies are feeling that their pregnancies are taking a long time, it feels longer for me, because I need access to a newborn, STAT. Until I can have another one, I will continue to be psycho when it comes to this topic. But let's move on.

3. It's only 5 days until Christmas, but it may as well be 500 days away, at the rate things are going! Come on, Christmas! Oh I have always been really awful at waiting for holidays, especially this one, and I love that I really only have to wait 4 days because we celebrate Christmas Eve, too. I almost wish Christmas was a week-long. I also love being ahead of schedule and productive, and I have had all my shopping and wrapping done since forever ago. This is good and bad. It's good because it's out of the way and I am not stressed at all. It's awful because when I see others doing their Christmas shopping, I feel like I should be doing it too, even though I already have all mine done. And then I always want to pick up 'a few more things' and end up buying too much. My problem is that I love to give, and I don't understand why I can't give to everyone and anyone. I can't wait until we have money to actually spend so I can shower everyone with love and treats and handicrafts.

Well, I am going to call it good for my blog about waiting. Just thinking about it all is stressing me out too much and the time when blogging becomes overwhelming and not fun is the time I need to go and cool off and walk some laps around the apartment, practicing my deep-breathing.

I love you all.

No comments: