1.18.2008

Time to Talk!

Good morning, sweet Internet, friends and family, good morning! I woke up at midnight last night with lots of things to say/type on my blog, so let's see how much I remembered. I may have forgotten the majority of it because the rest of the night I was having strange dreams. Here goes nothing...

First, a big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who voted on my all-so-important 'hair poll'. You know how important voting is, and with my blog, you don't even need to be registered. As for the results of the poll, I am finding that no matter how I decide to have my hair, not everyone will be happy, and most likely not me, either. I have this horrible habit of liking something for a few weeks and then wanting a change... perfect candidate for a hair and make up team that can work on me daily, with access to extensions. But, that's a few years down the road, at least. So what to do now, you ask. Well, it's simple. I am going to keep growing out my hair, to see if I can get past this horrible in-between stage, that way I can actually see what my hair looks like long. Then if I don't like it, I'll just cut it. (I am a hair dresser's worst nightmare, rolled into a sweet dream - I am always getting it changed, which can be annoying, but then, I am always there, giving them money!!). Sorry for the sidetrack. Anyway, as for the color. I think I am going to leave the majority of my hair darker (or more natural - whatever that means, really, who knows anymore), and then pull some more blond through to lighten things up. This, of course, will happen when we have money, so who knows when that will be. God willing, it will be soon! Mama wants to get some color done.

Okay, second topic: my day yesterday. Yesterday was a wild and fun day. Well, mostly fun, not as much wild. Well, kind of wild, because we went to the zoo. But again, I digress. So, Trask took Taylor and I to the zoo to get us out of the house and we had a ton of fun. Taylor roared at every single animal that he saw. I didn't have the heart to tell him that fish don't roar, so there we go, he roared at everything, even the fish. He loves the zoo now, more than ever, especially when we go on a freezing cold weekday, because then he can roam around with us on his own 2 legs and get up close and personal with the animals. This kid has no fear - that's going to be an issue down the road, I know it. Also, to our amazement (well, not really, because it was so cold), it started snowing while we were there, big, fat, fluffy flakes. How fun is that?! So, that was a good day at the zoo, and then we went to have lunch at Big Red's...


So at lunch we are seated next to these seemingly normal middle-aged gentlemen, engrossed in a deep conversation with one another. I really should be a spy, by the way. Anyway, Trask and I can't help but overhear tid-bits and snippets of their conversation, because one of the guys was talking really loud. I was thankful for this, because then I didn't have to keep leaning in his direction and scolding Taylor every time he laughed or spoke. Back to the conversation... this guy was saying that he was a modern-day WIZARD. (Please bare in mind that Trask and I were tearing up because we were holding in our laughter, and this was a funny situation, you just had to be there, okay! And yes, you are welcome for sharing it with you!). So the wizard was talking about a lot of his 'clients', who knows what that means?!, and talking about saunas that have infrared beams of light that cleanse and detoxify you, more so than a regular sauna. He got it from a friend who was moving and wanted the wizard to host a garage sale for him, as he was busy. This garage sale made $5,000. He uses crystals and I am sure he knows about mind gems, Allison! Anyway, not sure what he does, besides wizardry, to have clients, but I am sure he's neglecting some confidentiality guidelines and practices (or lack there of). This wizard spoke to his quiet friend of going to Egypt, where there used to be tons of wizards, he said, and told of his enlightening and mystical experience sitting and meditating for 4 hours on top of the Sphinx. Mind you, he bribed the government and the police so he could do this, as he stated you are not allowed to touch it, and it's protected by fencing and other things, but not when you have bribes. What did he bribe them with, I want to know, and that is what most likely kept me from sleeping last night. So, upon the Sphinx he meditated, right on the head of the huge monument (is that the right word?!) and for 4 hours just found himself. Truly amazing. He said he doesn't like losing clients when they find out he's a wizard, because he's not into dark or black magic, but they always assume so. Let me tell you, he had the eyes of a wizard. I know these things, and maybe, one day, if you all behave, I will tell you more about my knowledge of wizard eyes. Summer, you know about them, too. Anyway, what a treat it was to get entertainment during our lunch. The food was mediocre this time around, but with the wizard about 8 feet away, it was one of the greatest lunches of all time. And a big 'thank you' goes out to Taylor, for being the most well-behaved child around during this lunch, I knew he had it in him!!

Also exciting, I got a few new supplies for my card-making from Jo Ann's last night. I have been on my good behavior, or so Trask thinks, so I got to get a few goodies. I got a set clear stamp letters, some more fun paper, a few more rubber stamps, and a card-making magazine that made me want to cry because all the cards in there are so amazing - I have so many new ideas! Now, if only I had a few more hours in the day.

Anyway, I think I have tapped out my blogging abilities for the morning, at least. I have a fun couple of days ahead, and you know you'll be hearing about them soon (like, after they happen!). I will post pictures from the zoo soon, but I don't have them on the computer yet, because we went old-school and took our 35mm, so please wait. I will try and find a picture of a wizard on-line and post it so you have something to look at in the meantime.

I love you all, and thanks for taking the time to read my blog! It's so, so, so much fun!


2 comments:

Aunt Michelle said...

No wonder you couldn't sleep after thinking about this modern-day wizard! He undoubtedly was from the "west side" of town.

Jill said...

Why didn't you get his number? Maybe he knows Dumbledore. I hope so, I've always wanted to meet Albus Dumbledore. He sounds dreamy.