2.03.2008

it's been awhile...

Me and the love of my life, sharing secrets and gossip

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks or so since I blogged last. Sorry. I've missed you, too, don't worry, the feeling is very much mutual.

So what's been going on?? Hmmm, let me see. I had my very first card sale, a set of 6 cards purchased by my Grandma. Thank you, Gram, you're the greatest and whomever gets one of your cards is lucky!! I am really excited about making my cards and am getting more and more fun ideas every day. I just made a set for my friend, Sara, as well (thank you, thank you!). So, I guess things are going well so far with lemon drop studio.

I threw Trask a little birthday party last night for our family on Trask's side. It was lots of fun, with too much pizza and too much sugar, but never too much Catch Phrase!! This, if you didn't already know, is my all-time favorite game, ever. Anyone who hasn't played is greatly missing out, and I don't think I want to talk with you until you have played, and have agreed that it's amazing (perhaps signing a statement to that effect), but not as amazing as yours truly. Just kidding, kind of. Anyway, we played Catch Phrase with the family and had a great time - it's the perfect game for when wild toddlers
(ahem, Taylor and McKenna) are around because there's no pieces or board for them to knock over or anything... and the game can be interrupted for diaper changes, bathroom breaks, a quick make-out session with your hottie husband, more ice cream, etc. I really love this game, and appreciate the others in the family (no names mentioned) who are just as competitive and enthusiastic as I am. That's the only way to play.

Trask has had a handful of interviews, and has a few coming up this week, so we're greatful that things are still coming up. I have to remember that the perfect job is out there. It's teaching us great patience, but isn't that what we are learning by having a toddler? A double dose of patience, perhaps.

I am more than excited that Jack Johnson's newest CD 'Sleep Through the Static' is coming out this Tuesday, February 5th. What a dream come true for me.

Anyway, I better head back to playing Mr. Potato Head with the husband and son...

Peace Out!!

No comments: