2.28.2008

Marie

So I think I'll highlight some key people in my life slowly throughout this blog, so don't get your panties in a bunch if you're not on here right this second, if you mean something to me, you will be. Feel free to bribe, coax or sway me to be next on the list, I am easily persuaded, especially with food or drinks.

So here's Marie.

I don't even know how to sum her up, but if you have had the privilege of knowing her, count yourself as lucky. She's just the best, so much fun, and we're almost the same person, it seems, but she is the smaller and sportier version of me. She's like the Lotus, I am like the Minivan. There are pros and cons to both. I have known Marie since the 6th grade and it's been a wild and fun ride. What I like best is that I don't have to censor ANY of my thoughts or feelings, and she usually feels the same. We both hate the phone, so that's nice too. And we both love dogs, and Target and fun colors.


To really get to know her, I will give you a snippet of an email I got from her the other day explaining her dream (she has weird dreams just like me). Please note I am not putting everything in, she wrote the email to ME, not YOU, and I only want to share some things, this blog isn't ready or fully-prepared for the whole shebang. I will put her words in green and then you won't be confused, and if you are, perhaps we and our level of sophistication is too much for you, perhaps.

This e-mail is retarded. I just woke up from a dream where I was saving a black baby from ethnic cleansing in a present day civil rights struggle in America. Don't worry it was a happy ending. the bad leader guy got assassinated. also I was a black man. and I think I was denzel washington. oh and it was a movie. it was pretty good. the soundtrack was sorta weak though.

well...I bet you are kind of turned off by my rambling story. [I so wasn't ].

She then remembered more later...

wait...the whole dream was random. the baby I was saving was a doll half the time and real the other half. and I kept accidentally sitting on it. but it survived. and its black grandma got all "praise the lord" emotional at the end. oh and the bad guy wore top hats. real tall ones. I am messed up.

the night after that I had a snippet of a dream about 20 calorie donuts. [I dream of this daily, while awake.]


So, that is my dearest friend, Marie. She lives in Eugene and would be the only reason I would EVER, ever move back down there, but I am really campaigning, praying, wishing that she'll get her pretty self up here, someday. Strange things happen to us, but only while we are together. If something strange happens to one of us when we aren't together, the first thing that comes to my mind is "I wish Marie saw that", or "If only Marie was here" or "Marie would love that" or "Marie will never believe me..." But she always does, she always does. We also use humor in awkward situations, which could also be called serious situations. I just really love her, and you should do. Heck, you all probably already do, but love her more now, after knowing all this, and knowing my love for her!!

[PS: I am so mad I can't take this stupid thing off of quotation block... I have been trying, so we'll all have to deal!].





No comments: