4.03.2008

looking back

I found a few pictures on the computer that made me smile for one reason or another and thought I would throw them up on the blog for kicks. (not throw them up as in barf, but put them up... for those who may be confused, but I trust y'all are pretty smart!!).

Okay, pretty self-explanatory. I love citrus fruit very much, the taste, the smell, how beautiful they look, all that fun stuff. This picture of oranges was taken by my dearest friend, Marie. You've met her before on this blog, remember? Every time I see this picture my heart smiles, and so does my mouth. Oh, and you may have guessed, I am one of those OCD orange-eaters that has to pick and peel all the white stuff off before it goes in my mouth, a very daunting and time consuming task, but so worth it.


Trask's mom got this for Trask to eat while we were in the hospital delivering Taylor. I mean I was delivering Taylor, but you know, Trask was kind of there, too. In case you can't read the packaging, this pepperoni stick is called 'Spicy Big Dad' and therefore that is also Trask's nickname now, one of his many nicknames. Look how proud he looks about the pepperoni. Can you imagine how much Taylor excited him if pepperoni brings him a smile this big?! I love everything about this picture!!


I remember right where I was when I took this picture. I was 38 weeks pregnant and swollen and had a case of the grumpies, so Trask and I went on a slow stroll and parked our buns in the grass by our apartment. Maddie got to run around and I got to sit in the grass and stare at pretty purple flowers. It was about 7 pm in early July and the weather hadn't gotten absurdly hot yet (that was saved for the day I went to the hospital to give birth, in 108* weather, that is such a mean thing to do to a woman who is already retaining more water than the Earth even contains). This picture makes me remember how good I have it now!!


This is a picture of my bowls in my cupboard. I love the colors. That's really all I have to say, except I remember where I got them, too. Target. Are you surprised? You shouldn't be.


Look at this beautiful hibiscus. I took this picture while Trask and I were in Kauai May of 2005 for our wedding/honeymoon. I love the colors, it's so beautiful. I also remember this was the day we were at Poipu and I whined the whole time while swimming because I forgot a hair-tie for my hair. Then Trask fed me and made everything better. I get so cranky when I need food.


This is Sara and I at my wedding reception in Oceanside on June 4, 2005. We've been friends since we were 11. Isn't she sweet?! She's in Seattle and I sure do miss her. I love ya, Sara!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love you too, Sho! That is one of my favorite pictures ever. You're a sweetie, I need to come visit...STAT!