5.06.2008

wanted: less of me!

So Taylor will be turning TWO in July. This means that I will lose my excuse for my current weight. Baby weight is no longer a viable excuse or reason after your child turns two!! There are rules about this somewhere, I am sure, and I am breaking the rules. If you know me well enough, you know that I am all about the rules (the ones that make sense to me), and I don't ever want to be a rule-breaker. Not when I am a self-proclaimed nark and tattletale. So, this is what we're going to do (in a Michael Scott voice from The Office)...

I am going to start blogging my weight loss progress so I have y'all to check in with. I am not brave enough to discuss real numbers, so I'll just let you know how much I am up or down for the week, etc. So from where I am at today, I want to lose between 20-30 pounds. I don't care about the actual number at all, just want to look and feel better, oh yeah, and a smaller backside would be nice.

I used to be a weight loss counselor, so I know how to do this, it's just a matter of keeping myself motivated. I lost about 50 pounds before my wedding, so I know that I can lose the weight. I need to lose the weight because when we're ready to have baby #2, I don't want to put more pregnancy weight on this weight, nor do I want to gain as much as I did when I was pregnant with the Taylor Tot, so I can have a safer pregnancy and an easier delivery than the last one. And I can't even tell you how much of a motivator it is for me to lose weight so I can gain it again with another kidlet. Is that strange?!

Anyway, I am following the Weight Watchers plan, something that has worked for many family members, and I have done before, but I am just not going to go to the meetings, as it's just not in the budget right now, nor do I have the time!! Yesterday I went on an hour long walk with Taylor in the baby jogger. He fell asleep 20 minutes into the walk and didn't wake up until we were 10 minutes from home. And he didn't nap at home, so I kind of got cheated out of a nap, but it was worth it to be in the sunshine walking without having a screaming toddler in tote claiming he could walk the whole way on his own. He can't. I have told him this. He wants nothing more than to prove me wrong. I know this will never change, and I am fine with that. Actually, delighted by that.

This isn't anything I want to write about daily, it's boring, so I'll just update this every once in awhile in regards to losing this weight! Oh I can't wait for new clothes though!! Wish me luck!!

Here is my inspiration picture... from Kauai, Hawaii, May 2005. I still have those shorts, couldn't stand getting rid of them, because someday when they aren't in style, I'll fit into them!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

you have my support! I know you can do it! :)

Egghead said...

Well what about the weight that hasn't come off since my last baby? Ummm only 24 years ago. Is that a long time?