6.13.2008

Well, I made it! I made it through the second night without Trask here with us, and I am so glad it's over with! I can't wait to see my sweetheart, oh I am so excited! By the way, welcome home, Trask!! We missed you TONS!! Taylor is going to be so happy to see his daddy, Tuesday night before bed was the last time he's seen him.

Today is my weigh-in day and I am the same as last week, so I will keep chugging along. Better than up, right? My goal for next week is more activity. Anyone want to buy me the Wii Fit?! Please? I'll be nice to you. Okay, anyway. A big congratulations to Jill, you are keeping me motivated, dearest!! Thank you! If we lived close we could just play tag all day long. What do you think?

Taylor's overnight bag is all packed and ready to go. I have double-checked it at least three times - so I guess you would say I triple-checked it, huh? It makes me sad seeing it packed, but I know that he will have fun with Nana and Pampa and that he'll be so excited to see us in the morning. It'll be hard not to get up at 6 to go and get him. Well, maybe it won't. We'll see.


Trask and I haven't decided what we're going to go do yet. We were going to go to Cinetopia, in Vancouver, but changed our minds because the only two movies playing in the living room theaters are Hulk and that new scary movie, and I am not down with either one of those. We'll most likely stay west side (I sound so gangster, huh?) and get dinner and drinks and then go see a movie. We have only seen one movie in a theater together since Taylor has been born - Talladega Nights. I'd say it's about time for another one. I am so bad at sitting still for movies, even at home, but now that I am tired enough that that shouldn't be a problem!!

So Taylor is napping now, the house is pretty clean (as clean as it's going to get), Trask's Father's Day gift is bought, wrapped and waiting. What else? Rachelle's cards are finished and I mailed them off to her today. I went in and signed my final paperwork at Gymboree and picked up my last baby paycheck. (I did walk to Gymboree with Taylor, so that counts as a walk!! yay!!). Now the only thing left to do is to wait for Trask, and his plane should be landing in 45 minutes!! YAHOO!

About Trask's Father's Day gift, or shall I say bucket... it was SO much fun to put together! I won't divulge what is in it since most of it's wrapped and he won't open it until Sunday and I'm going to try to keep it a surprise, but Taylor and I had so much fun picking things out, and it's funny what sort of things Taylor thinks his daddy needs.

Here is Taylor helping me put the gift bucket (I like the way that sounds!) together. He wasn't too interested in leaving goodies in the bucket, so we had a little power struggle. At least there are no tears for the camera.

Here's the bucket of gifts in all her glory. Yes, this bucket of gifts is a girl. I don't know how I know that, but I just do.

Taylor's hand print from art class on Wednesday makes the perfect tag for the present. I cut it out and put contact paper on it to keep it pretty and tied it up with some raffia around the handle of the bucket. Pretty cute tag, huh?! I made a second tag exactly like it but wrote a note on the back and glued 3 pennies on it, laminated it, and plan on taking it up to the cemetery with us for Taylor's Grandpa Dan. Hopefully the pennies being on there will weigh it down a bit and it won't fly away.

Anyway, I guess I'll go eat lunch and bite my nails while I wait for the wonderful husband to land. Blogging took up about 30 minutes, so now only 20 minutes until his plane lands!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the special guys out there!

xoxo - Shauna

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so happy you get to see your love muffin!!!! And you did awesome on his Father's Day Bucket--SHE's beautiful! I don't get to be creative like that for Wade--we have a budget for Mom's/Dad's day, and he wants his Dad's day money to be spent going to EAT Papa's Soulfood Kitchen BBQ (do you wonder why Byron, too, is fixated on food?) and shopping for more clothes! Takes the fun out of it... *tear drop*

Egghead said...

You are so crafty! I love this bucket and I am sure that Taylor didn't want to put those things in there. I don't blame him. I am sure Trask appreciates all you do for him. Really cute!