9.13.2008

catching my breath

Long time no type, sweet friends! Sorry that I haven't blogged in what feels like forever - life has been amazingly sweet, but just as chaotic as well.

Camping was wonderful! The weather the first two days was perfect - sunny and warm, but not scorching. Taylor got to do some playing in Suttle Lake and spent a lot of the time playing in the parked cars. Last year we couldn't get him out of the dirt for a second, not even to eat, but this year was very different. He played in the dirt a little bit, but wanted to hang out in Grammie's car the whole time, pretending to drive. He had the hazard lights going, the horn honking, the wheel turning, and when you turned the car on, the radio was blasting, the windshield wipers were going insane and the blinkers were on. Taylor is really loves to figure out how everything works, so he was in heaven playing in the car, which kept him cleaner than the rest of us.

We left camping on Saturday night - a bit earlier than we had planned on leaving, but Taylor was homesick and out of his routine for too long, and for a toddler, being away and sleeping on the ground for 2 nights was enough for him. We packed up camp and said our good-byes to the rest of our family and scooted out of town after we did Grandpa's memorial with Oreo cookies (thanks Aunt Janelle!). We got home at 11 pm that night and stuck Taylor in bed (he had slept the whole way home, thank goodness) and in the morning was so happy to wake up home. He kept telling us, 'happy, happy too'. I am guessing that means he was happy.

Things with lemon drop studio have been going really great. I am going to be registering as a business very soon and am in the process of working on a new logo with Trask. I have been doing better than I hoped on etsy, and am meeting some wonderful people on there, as well. Doing lots of trades - it's turning out to be a lot of fun!! I did Halloween and Thanksgiving cards for Albertina Kerr's Gift Shop and they turned out pretty cute. Aunt Michelle even ordered a few sets of Halloween cards from me, too (Thank you, Aunt Michelle!). I am having a craft party with a few gals next weekend and am looking forward to working on some new goodies and designs. I have more to talk about regarding recent lemon drop news, but I'll save that for that blog, so stay tuned.

Life has been really good, but really busy. I am starting to lead a story time at Styledbaby Boutique, Cafe and Playhouse twice a week, so I am really excited about that! I am hoping that Tay will sit still so I can read to the kids. He loves to read at home with us, but who knows, a group of kids may be too much temptation for the fella. If you're local, you should stop by and enjoy a story - I read on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Contact me for specifics.

I spent this week getting ready for a garage sale at Summer's house that is going to be today. (Yes, I am up on a Saturday morning at 5:30 typing this). I am hoping that the garage sale is a success - it'd be nice to get rid of the extra stuff that finds its way into our small home. Cross your fingers for a great turn out!! I'll let you know how it goes - we're only doing it one day, so hopefully most of the junk will GO!!

Now that things are hopefully calming down around here (or maybe they aren't, but even so...) I need to focus on losing the weight I have been talking about for forever! It's time. Mark my word - I am now working on it. There. I am. Don't ask me about it, just stay tuned for updates. I wish it wasn't so hard for me, but I'll get there.

Taylor and I had a date morning yesterday after I got back from sitting in a dentist chair for two hours (and yes, my jaw still aches!). Trask worked from home yesterday so when I got back from the dentist, Taylor and I went to go hang out just the two of us. We went to My Favorite Muffin (yum, yum) and picked out some mini muffins to snack on. Then we went to Fred Meyer to pick up a few boxes of crayons (business expense), and then we went to Great Clips to get Taylor's hair cut, or so I thought. I was very wrong. He saw the cape and started screaming as if the hairdresser was coming towards him with a butcher knife... so we left. I then took him to Pigtails and Crewcuts near our house and he LOVED his haircut there, as long as he didn't have to wear the cape. This child really hates wearing a cape!! His hair looks great, no more scruff! Perfect for the pictures that Kris is going to be taking of him at the beginning of October. After Tay's haircut we went to see Trask and then we all went to the park to play. Fun was had by all, even Maddie.

Okay, I need to go make some penny ponytail holders for an etsy order, so I am off. Please don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY on lemon drop's blog, it ends on Tuesday, don't miss out!!

Love to you all, and happy Saturday!
Shauna






1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay! A new post!!! :) I've missed you! I'm so excited about your story time, how fun is that? If I were there, I would definitely bring the boyos! And your date day sounds fantastic, I would love something like that w/the B man, it's been so long since we've done anything alone (not including quick trips to the grocery store, of course...). You're amazing! You crafty little devil, you! I love hearing all the new things you're doing :) Love you!