10.21.2008

fabric heart


I had to make a fabric heart for my partner on a swap-bot swap, so I wanted to show it off to everyone.

I am proud of this little booger because it was my first project that I have sewn on my new-to-me sewing machine from Trask's Grandma. I love that machine!! Also, it's my first sewing project where I don't just sew straight lines. I know it's simple, but it's a big deal for me.

My partner's favorite colors are pink and purple, so I did light purple flannel on one side and purple and white gingham flannel on the other side. I just sent it off to her yesterday. It's going all the way to Belgium.

That was fun. I can't wait to make more. Anyone want one?

3 comments:

Egghead said...

That heart is very cute. Nice job for a first project. Keep on sewing...you will love it.

Allison said...

Looks wonderful - glad you are sewing!! I'll show you how to sew the seams up so it doesn't show next time we get together (we may be 80 though at this rate!) Love ya!

Jill said...

How adorable is that?! You are really going to town--I can't believe how your business has exploded! Go, Shauna--you amaze me!