11.27.2008

Thankful + Blessed

As I have been up since 4:30 this morning unable to sleep, it has given me a lot of time to think (since it's never this quiet in the house usually!).

Today is Thanksgiving. Happy Thankgiving to everyone, I hope it's a day to reflect, love, laugh and make wonderful memories.

2008 has been a tricky year, but definitely an improvement from 2007. I don't expect life to always be easy, and the past few years have taught me a lot about priorities, true friends, family, my faith and life in general. I won't turn this into a 'woe is me' blog post, no way. My life is continually blessed, sometimes with little blessings that you don't notice right away, and then other times huge blessings that come in the nick of time. It wouldn't feel right grumbling about all the blips and crazy days of the past couple years, or 26 years, when I have so much more than those less fortunate than myself.

I am grateful for a roof over my head and blankets to keep me warm. I am grateful for an amazing husband who also happens to be my best friend. I am thankful we created a wonderful son that continues to amaze us everyday. He is going to make the world a better place - you just wait! I am grateful for the election results and hold promise for the direction this country will be taken. I am grateful for the troops that have served our country and don't get a chance to enjoy their families and friends as much as they'd like to. I am thankful that even in this economy, while things are still very tight financially, I am still able to stay at home with my son. I am thankful that lemon drop studio is doing well and gaining the attention of others. I am thankful for my friends and their love, whether I get to see them once a year or once a week, I would be lost without them, even my blogging friends whom I have never met but always have kind words that make me smile. How can I feel bad for myself when I have this much to be grateful for, and that's not even the whole list!?

I know that 2009 is going to be a wonderful year. I plan on volunteering even more than I do now, cooking more meals at home, trying to be a little more patient and will continue to focus on the simple things that make this life worth living.

Happy Thanksgiving Friends! I love you all.
Shauna

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are blessed times a million and I adore you and your amazing family!!! I wish I was clever enough to run a business that I truly enjoyed instead of daycare...I envy you! I love you!