12.04.2008

holidays

It's already December 4th and I can't believe it. Where did fall go? I am beyond ready for the holiday season - I can't stand winter, but I do love Christmastime, and so does Taylor. Here he is laying on my desk while I fill an etsy order. He's like a really immature supervisor in diapers.


We have ALL of our holiday shopping done, and most of it is already wrapped and in the closet. About 98% of the gifts we purchased were handmade, either by ourselves or fellow Etsians. And the other 2% we purchased from a small, local business. We are feeling good! Oh, well, I did buy one present from Target for Taylor, but that's it!! We are ready for December 25th! The holiday letters and pictures are sent out - so now I just need to figure out what I am baking this year. Trask gave me a few suggestions, but I need to come up with a few more.

We will pick out our Christmas tree this Sunday, from Plumper Pumpkins Farm again, like last year. I can't wait. Some of the house is already decorated, but it's hard when we don't have a lot of storage space or well, space in general.


Petey, my Christmas pine cone owl, is out in full effect, once again. I took a picture of him to document the fact he is still alive. This means something - he is 21 years old. I made him in kindergarten. And my husband makes fun of him every year, but Petey takes it like a true gentleman and turns away, ignoring the shaming and blaming and mocking. Trask can really be mean sometimes, especially to pine cone and cotton owls with misshapen eyes. He'll understand one day. I am teaching Taylor to respect Petey, and so far, so good - he is doing better than his dad.


We just added Susie the Owl to our Christmas collection. I found her on Etsy, of course, from a great shop, cuore. Isn't she lovely? She is so well-made, soft, and her details are amazing. I love her. And aren't her eyelashes just darling?!

We also let Taylor pick an ornament this year. He first chose a train, of course, but within 3 hours of having it home, he stepped on it and it broke. So we tried again, and this time he chose an orange wooden cat with a metal spiral tail as the hook. I will take a picture soon. Oh, and she has yellow and glitter on her chest. Of course.


Just to add some fun color to the top of our armoire in the living room I filled a square glass vase/bowl with red wooden beads, and they make me happy, so they are staying just like that. I am sure I could have become more creative with it, but I like it how it is, for now.

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season. I will check back real soon, and don't forget to enter the giveaway over on lemon drop's blog... right here.

5 comments:

w said...

i like petey. and i can tell he likes me, too. he keeps staring at me.

susie is just as cute as petey. except. she hasn't looked at me once. she wants nothing to do with me.

oh well. can't win them all.

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

The Cog said...

Petey is a sweety! Me mum still hangs our ornaments we made when we were kids...and trust me we scope out the tree making sure all three siblings are represented!

Jill said...

Oh I adore Petey! My mom still has a bunch of things I and my siblings created as kids in storage--she decided she's going to have us go thru them this year and keep what we want! I can't wait! :) I remember a few things I crafted as a young'un! :)

P.S. I adore your supervisor--can I hire him to supervise over here? I have a little crush on him!

Dana said...

That is soooooo great that so much of your holiday gift giving is handmade. Nothing better in my opinion!

I LOVE your owls!!