1.11.2009

something happened

This weekend has been full of tummy flu and all the beauty and glory that comes along with having the tummy flu. What does this mean for me? It means I am a wreck in the shower department, my hair is insanely piled on the top of my head in a ponytail, I am wearing old navy yoga pants, I have hairy legs, and my shirt isn't mine. It's huge and it's Trask's. I am full of crumbs from saltine crackers and my breath smells of Gatorade and 7-Up. I am in dire need of a pedicure and my toes cannot get warm, instead they are a clammy mess. Do you have a mental picture now? Good, let's proceed.

Yesterday morning I ventured onto the couch with my barf bowl next to me to rest with a pillow and a fleece blanket. Trask and Taylor left me alone and went to help our family load a U-Haul and pack things for their move. (And no, I totally didn't get sick to get out of it!).

I curled up on the couch and turned on the TV and invited my dog up on the couch to keep me warm and keep me from shaking too much. I turned on ABC Kids and watched: The Emperor's New School, The Replacements, That's So Raven, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zach + Cody and an informational show about hearing loss on the community channel - and guess what... I loved them all. I was thoroughly entertained and even laughed out loud in between chugging my Kaopectate and Gatorade. I was in love.

And while I was watching those shows I kept wishing my laptop would hold a charge so I could blog about the shows right then! I was so excited to share this news with you guys. Creepy, right!?

Anyway, today the tummy is better, but the appearance is far worse. I felt like you guys needed to know all of that. Not sure why. But. You. Needed. To. Know.

There are no pictures of me in this state for a reason. You are welcome.


2 comments:

KRISTI said...

I'm thinking I might just look the same way and I am perfectly healthy. Just a mom of two after a lazy weekend...Glad that you're feeling better!

Egghead said...

Feel better soon. Oh and Shauna, go take a nice hot shower. You will feel better.