6.23.2009

boreas bed + breakfast inn


It's really happening. Trask and I are going away for a night without Taylor.

You may remember that this has happened once before, about a year ago, and as punishment for leaving him, I was plagued with food poisoning and spent our night alone in our apartment barfing, holding my puke bucket while Trask and I watched Hot Chick on the couch, semi-snuggling as he held my hair back.

I know this trip will be better! We are going to be staying at Boreas Bed + Breakfast Inn, and I am already excited... I love breakfast. Especially breakfast that I don't have to prepare.

I have never been to Long Beach, Washington, so I am very excited. I have heard that the beach combing there is great. I LOVE beach treasures, so I will be on the look-out! It will be so nice to have some time with Trask. I will miss Taylor like crazy, though.

Taylor is going to have a blast while we are gone. He is going with his Nana and Pampa up to their property in Trout Lake, Washington, to camp in their trailer and play in their dirt pile that was created for him. They haven't built a house on the land yet, but Taylor will be more than excited to spend time up there in the dirt, and with the tractor.

We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do with our dog, Maddie. I am hoping that one of Trask's co-workers can be bribed to take her for one night with perhaps a bottle of wine or two.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good for you guys!!!! I couldn't survive without the occasional night away with just Wade!!! Now that we live so far from the best over-night baby sitters ever (mom and dad) I don't know what I'll do with myself! Go to Eugene for a night away?! It WILL work out for you guys this time!!!!!!! ;) Have fun...*wink*

Amber said...

I have lots of fun! I hope you find a doggy sitter.

Kearsie said...

Ooh, I hope you take pictures. I love bed and breakfasts. And I also love Bed and Breakfasts. They are different, you see.

Jaimee said...

Have a great time! We have YET to have a night away from our little guy and it's been FIVE YEARS!!! We're LONG over due! Have fun and do whatever possible to avoid a rehatching of past events *barforama*