7.16.2009

guessing game

I have been away for far too long, but believe me, I have felt the Guilt, smothering me, for not blogging like I should be. But, the reality is, I haven't been doing much. At all.

Morning sickness has kicked in, and it came with a vengeance. Perhaps it was because at the very beginning of my pregnancy I felt fine, and then said, "I can't believe I'm not even sick." Famous last words.

Can I just ask why it's called Morning Sickness? Because I have it all day long and all night long. I am not barfing. I just feel like I have to, all the time. Like I could gag at any minute. And you know what makes me sick? The smell of laundry detergent. True story.

I went to the doctor last week (with my son!). This appointment was just the pee in a cup barrel of fun, medical history and then blood work. My son creeped me out a few times during this hour-long appointment. The first time was when he asked if he could hold the pee-sample cup. NO SON! And then he creeped me out when he was playing with the, um, long swabs, on the doctor's special tray. And yes, he played with them and came at me with them, with a threatening look on his face. Terror paralyzed me. And then there was when he was watching them draw my blood and he asked if he could have a "jar of Mommy's blood." I asked him if he was Billy Bob Thorton. The nurse looked amused. He wasn't allowed my blood. I worked hard to give them those three vials. Anyway...

I go in tomorrow for an exam and an in-office ultrasound to try to confirm and solidify my due date. They tentatively said I was 8 weeks along and have a due date of about February 21st, 2010. But that was a lot of guessing, because my body is so out of whack, makes it hard to pinpoint how far along I am.

So, what have I been craving, you ask? Here's my list of things I can't get off of my mind:
  • fruit sounds good, all the time, but not bananas
  • I can't get enough of Design*Sponge
  • I am constantly thinking of restoring furniture pieces
  • I want a new couch
  • trying to figure out how to maximize the space in my house to try to cram more in
  • nesting already (even when I am not preggers)
  • trying to guess the gender of my child
  • baby names
  • hardwood floors
  • the color orange
  • sewing (I think about it, I don't do it)

3 comments:

Tinkerbelly said...

Congrats! I am finding the second pregnancy is 1000 times easier than the first because the older baby occupies most of your time so you are not able to sit and nap or dwell on the little things that you may have with the first. I'm already in my third trimester and it doesn't even feel like I'm more than a couple of months along.

Kearsie said...

I am glad you haven't gotten The Pukes. Everyone said my second pregnancy would be so much easier than my first.

I threw up on them. It made me go to the hospital for bags of fluid.

Love you!

Jaimee said...

I'm just catching up on blogs today and came across your good news...CONGRATS!

I was sooooo sick with my little guy when I was pregnant...pretty much the entire time. They doc had to give me meds not to barf. & we had a trusty plastic waste basket in the car for emergencies just running daily errands & going to and from work. My boss even set up his leather settee in the conference room so I could recover after "episodes" while I "tried" to work up until I was put on bedrest. Now we're attempting baby #2 and I'm sooo hoping things will be different.

HANG IN THERE!