8.25.2009

date night + amos lee


A date night is approaching. Can you feel the excitement in the air? It smells like flowers, rain on the sidewalk and awesome. Yes. Awesome has a smell.

Okay, so I don't really know what I am talking about, but it must be because this Friday Trask and I get to go see the Amos Lee concert at the Oregon Zoo outside, alone. Well, not alone. Other people will probably show up for the concert. But we'll be sans-child. (Which is always weird for me!).

Trask and I went to the Amos Lee concert at the zoo last year and had a blast, and we're super excited about this year. Taylor is going to spend the night with his Nana and we'll pick him up Saturday morning.

When we had first received our tickets, I wasn't pregnant, so I envisioned a bottle of wine and a blanket with copious amounts of food, but now I'll swap that bottle of wine for lemonade or sparkling cider and add even more food to that already copious amount. Can't wait.

While I am terrible at leaving Taylor anywhere, it's good for him and it's good for me. I've been home with him for his whole life. I think that Trask and I need to take back date night and go out more often. This every other month or two isn't working. I forget how much I love hanging out with just him.

So, I hope that Amos is ready for me this Friday, because I am beyond ready for him. If you guys aren't Amos Lee listeners, go listen to a song or two and tell me he isn't amazing.

Amos Lee Date Night 2009 will be great, I can't wait! Now to go see if I can get a haircut before, by some chance!

5 comments:

Amber said...

is that a pic of Amos? He's a cutie. I'm going to download a CD to check it out tonight.

-Trask said...

I can feel it, coming in the air tonight.

Can't wait! Did someone say elephant ear??

Angela said...

I love AMOS!! Aubrey and I saw him in Memphis a couple of years ago. He is SO amazing. Love it when I find out someone else is a huge fan!

Jill said...

Yay for date night!!! I'm so excited for you guys--I already want another one :) Have fun, guys! I'm already jealous of the elephant ear...

Kearsie said...

Remember, when you hear Colors, think of me. Or, Seen It All Before, or wait! Black River. But, have a great time even if you don't think of me.