8.31.2009

love my family


The title of this blog post is pretty self-explanatory, I know. I should love my family. Everyone should love their family. But, we know how families can be.


I feel so blessed to have Trask and Taylor. I love that we go places as a family and make it a point to have fun, no matter what we are doing. This weekend was one of those weekends I will always remember and adore.


Friday night Trask and I went on our date and it was awesome! Taylor was happily spending the night at Nana's, so I was happy he was excited about that. Trask and I had a great dinner at Stanford's and then went to the Amos Lee concert at the Oregon Zoo. It was PACKED. We went last year to see Amos and it wasn't as crowded, which means more people are realizing Amos is amazing and puts on an incredible concert. This time it was sold out. Trask and I found great seats, similar to where we sat last year, and enjoyed the whole show. It felt so nice to sit together and not worry about anything for once, and to just LOVE the music, and laugh at Amos Lee. He's so incredible. If you haven't heard him, you go and you listen to him now. Not later, but NOW. After the concert we made an essential stop at the DQ drive-thru and the rest of the night is history.


Saturday morning we grabbed some breakfast at Panera. I can't get enough of their bacon and spinach egg souffles. I want to bring one home to meet my mom and date it forever. After that we went to the Hillsboro Saturday Market and then went to a children's resale shop. That shop was amazing! We bought 14 items for like $45. And 8 of those items were maternity shirts and pants for me!!! It'll feel nice not crying every morning trying to find something to wear. Trask is thankful for this, too. We went and picked up Taylor and headed down the hill with Nana and picked some peaches. Later that day Trask made a fantastic peach pie and I wanted to marry him all over again. He is the greatest guy in the world. I have no doubts about this and will fight you if you say otherwise.


Yesterday was Sunday and we decided we needed to go to Oceanside, our most favorite Oregon beach spot. We played on the beach for hours, building castles, going on walks, chasing birds, walking through the cave (I got brave!), and just enjoying our time together. We got some lunch in Tillamook and then headed back to a different beach, Happy Camp. Taylor found a stream that he could run up and down in, like a salmon, and couldn't be happier. The day was so perfect.


I am not trying to brag with my weekend fun, not at all. It's just that it's Monday and my anxiety is at an all-time high, so I am trying to keep my mind distracted. After this I will work on cleaning the house, to once again keep my mind busy.


A quick note to Trask. Thank you for being the world's best husband and dad. Thanks for making family and family trips and fun a priority, and for always having the time and energy, even when you don't have the time or any energy left. I am so very blessed to have you. Love you, honey.


What a great weekEND.


4 comments:

-Trask said...

Awww, thanks for being so sweet. Had a great weekend with you guys. I think that was the best beach trip in a while!

Love you tons.

Our Family said...

you do have a wonderful family! You are very blessed :o) So...you did get that blizzard after all?

Julie said...

I love your family too :)

Jill said...

You definitely have the best-looking family I've ever seen! The photographer's dream! And that boy of yours is so squeezably adorable, I love him!