9.29.2009

pink or blue?!

Well, today is the day that we go in for the big ultrasound, and we are all so excited. I will make sure to make a blog announcement tonight or tomorrow morning for those of you who want to know, and who don't stalk me on facebook. Wonder what it is...

When I was pregnant with Taylor, before I knew we were having a boy, I was sure it was a girl. Not because I had a feeling, but because I just didn't picture me having a son. Strange, I know. And looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. But the point is, I didn't really have a feeling.

This time around, I have a feeling it's a girl. This pregnancy has been very different than my first. It seems like everyone else (or the majority) thinks it's a girl. Not sure why they think that. I am carrying this baby differently than I did with Taylor, and I have even done the silly Chinese birth/gender predictor calculators on-line, too. They all say GIRL. We'll see.

I've been preparing Taylor, telling him that the baby may be a boy, but maybe a girl. He keeps insisting it's a girl. No changing his mind. He has made his decision. When I say he may have a little brother, he says "mom, you have a girl in your tummy, named Elliot" with such certainty. I am scared to argue further.

I am currently experiencing rage at the maternity clothes that are in stores right now. Before I was pregnant there was the CUTEST maternity clothes out and I got bitter, because when I had Taylor, nothing was cute. Nothing. But then I comforted myself, saying that the next pregnancy would be better, at least in the clothing department. BUT NO, NO, NO! They went and took away the nice, fun clothes again, just to spite me, and stocked the racks and shelves with pure crap. CRAP. I can guarantee you that after I deliver this child and my husband gets his snippety snip procedure done, the maternity clothes will be amazing again, and I'll throw a big, fat fit!

No comments: