10.13.2009

lock me up, throw away the key


Someone please save me from myself and my insane dreams. I am not sure if I can take them much longer. They aren't scary. Well, they are scary, because it scares me that my brain can come up with this nonsense.

While I have always been a dreamer of strange and weird dreams, my pregnancy is making my dreams exponentially more disturbing.

Today after preschool, Taylor and I had lunch and then read some books in my bed, and then took a nap. I don't nap much because usually I wake up groggy, but I needed it today. But I am not sure if I would have napped if I knew what my dreams were going to be like.

My dream...

In a small plastic aquarium I had 2 small frogs. One of the frogs was bright blue like a beta fish. The other frog was kind of a frog but really it was a fish that didn't need water.

Anyway, I am not sure why I had these 'frogs', but I did. I went to check on them because I heard something weird. Inside the plastic aquarium, that couldn't have been more than a 1 gallon container, one of the frogs had died. But there was a small egg in the corner of the container. I didn't know how to get the frog out, so I left him there.

Later when I went to go check on my container of strange, I saw that the egg had hatched. The dead frog was gone. The egg had hatched a small, bright red hummingbird the size of a nickel. It was in constant flight, as there was nothing to land on in the container, and no food, by the way.

I still didn't know what to do, and somehow I was transported to my mom's house, but the container was still with me, with these weird ass animals in there, freaking me out. (Still gives me the chills).

At my mom's house I went outside to check on a noise I heard and realized I locked myself out of the house without my shirt on. And then I noticed that there were two ostriches charging at me. Well, really only one ostrich, but it had two heads, and googly eyes like a really creepy puppet. I wasn't sure where to run, but I jumped my mom's 6 foot fence (skills!) and somehow got back in the house...

Once I was back in the house and fully dressed, I checked on the container. In the container were now 2 peacocks. They had the colors of peacocks, but didn't have the crazy feathers on the butt, so more like a peahen, but with make up on to make it appear like a peacock, only they were the size of doves or pigeons. One was screaming so loud and the other was dead. I didn't know how I'd get them out and I was scared, so I think I ignored it, calling Trask to find out what to do...

And that is when I woke up.

Anyone care to try to explain this one!?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my! I don't have any answers for you. I think that the tank represents your womb and you are afraid your baby is going to be a peacock?
Also you secretly want to be a high jumper.

Kristi said...

LOL! What a weird dream :)

I love it!

Amber said...

I now need a peahen to go with my micro pigs!