2.19.2010

I adore plans.

I went to my weekly doctor's appointment this morning hoping and praying that when I got there, magically Carsten's head would be dangling out of me, but it didn't happen. Yeah, I was shocked, too.

This appointment went a lot like last week's. I haven't progressed any, and the contractions have stopped, or have slowed WAY down. In general I feel super nauseous all the time, but other than that, I'm doing okay.

My doctor was in a great mood this morning. It must be because the sun was shining and it's Friday. I decided to take advantage of her bright and sunny mood and asked about induction. I didn't get pushy at all (which should surprise most of you.) My exact words were: "since I hit my due date in 9 days, do you want to talk about induction at our next appointment or now?" and all of a sudden, she was scheduling me for next Friday!!

That's right, friends. If Carsten doesn't decide to come on his own (which I kind of doubt he will), I'll be at the hospital at 7:30 AM next Friday! One week. This is my last weekend with an only child. It feels surreal.

Knowing all of this makes me want to clean the house and really get things ready. Well, things are already all ready, but you know, just to double check and get excited!!


5 comments:

Much More Than Mommy said...

I was induced with #1. I pray since your body already knows what it's doing that it'll be a speedy process! Let's go, Carsten!

Kearsie said...

Score! Because I totally predicted my fake nephew would be born on Friday!

And it's about me, obvi.

Also, remember the s-e-x?

sassypackrat said...

Oh wow! That's got to make you feel a bit better knowing you have an end date instead of just watching the waiting stretch out in front of you. Best Wishes! ;0)

Jill said...

I can't waaaait! Crossing my fingers for a safe arrival and a healthy baby/Mama!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to see pictures of little man, and see him in PERSON hopefully soon! Love you!

Amber said...

dude, that shirt is adorable. and I can't wait to see your happy little family of four. You'll be great!