2.22.2010

tribute to MJ?

At the beginning of the month Trask and I went to Taylor's very first parent-teacher conference for preschool. It was pretty stinking adorable, and yes, I was nervous, because school stuff just gets me all jittery. I thought I would get over it after graduating from college, but nope, still get the queasies and jitters, even for my son.

Taylor's class had worked on some benchmark tasks with the teachers and did simple tasks ranging from motor skill coordination to smarty-pants stuff like counting, colors, shapes, etc, with a splash of social development, too.

Taylor had talked about the test workbook a little bit a few weeks before the conference, and told me it was really hard. I wasn't sure what to expect when we got to the conference, but reminded myself that he's the very youngest in his class (although one of the biggest), and had to remind myself that these are just benchmarks and don't determine his education for the rest of his life. (See how high-strung I can get?!).

The meeting was too cute. And Taylor is a smart boy. I already knew that. What I didn't know was that Taylor shared some talents with the late and beloved Michael Jackson. For the motor skills portion of the test, when he was asked to walk on his tip toes a few feet, he did so. And then, without being asked, proceeded to do it backwards. I imagine he had one white glove on and perhaps a hat, but I wasn't there, so I'm not sure. I love that he wanted to go above and beyond and show off a little bit. Wonder where he gets that from.

Trying to moonwalk like MJ... just another reason this kid is so dang cool. But I have to say that, don't I?!

3 comments:

kristi said...

Fabulous. What a proud mama moment. I want to see that one on video!

sassypackrat said...

Well of course he's cool...look at his mom! I'm jealous of the moonwalking though...never could do that.

Kearsie said...

I might need to sew him up a white sequiny glove.