3.09.2010

Cheeks


I mentioned before that Julie took some pictures of Carsten and Taylor the other day, but I had to share this one of Carsten right away. He's not often a cranky baby, except when he's hungry, and this picture just makes me smile, because he's even cute when he's mad (just like me!!).

Trask just designed our baby announcements and I'll post it on my blog in about a week or so... but I love, love, love how it turned out. Trask did a great job, and of course, Julie's pictures are amazing.

Carsten is doing great. He is 10 days old today, and is a happy baby. He is very alert, and interested in everything his big brother Taylor is doing. I love seeing him smile when he hears Taylor's voice. And Taylor loves him just as much as he loves Taylor. It's going to be a blast watching them grow up together. Carsten usually doesn't cry unless he's hungry, or if you're putting him in his car seat, and during diaper changes sometimes, but other than that, he's super happy. I am thankful for this, because Taylor was appropriately deemed our Little Old Man at a very young age, so I'm enjoying this.

Carsten is more than an avid eater - very enthusiastic about eating (yet another quality he's inherited from me!). It's hard to give nicknames to a kidlet named Carsten, but the first one that came to me is CHEEKS. He's working hard at trying to set a world record, it appears.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in. Soon I'll do the birth story, I promise. Although, it's really not that exciting, unless you're into bags of water, barfing and placenta-goodness... but we'll save that for another day...


5 comments:

w said...

i'm so happy for you guys. sap sap sap sap.

Much More Than Mommy said...

So stinking cute! Love it!! :-)

Kearsie said...

I am hankerin for a baby!!

Jill said...

I love it! Carsten is awesome! How lucky to have such a nice, mellow baby :) We called Ayden cheeks for a while too--he really didn't have any other facial features. At some point, the cheeks evolved into an enormous double chin, though, so the name sort of faded ;o) I just want to nibble on C's yummy little cheeks! Can't wait to meet him!

Carrie Hutchings said...

I always told Eva she should try to not be so cute when she is mad. :) I'm glad to hear that Carsten is taking it easy on you guys. And I'm totally into bags of water, barfing, and placenta-goodness...bring it on. :)