3.19.2010

moooo

Just checking in here... all is well and we're all happy campers!

I am feeling like my only purpose is to be a milk machine, and am feeling very bovine, but I know it's all going to pay off, and I really do enjoy breastfeeding, just not as often as Carsten has a thirst, I suppose!

I am not sure if I'm making milk or frosting, because on Wednesday Carsten was weighed at the doctor and had gained 6.5 ounces since Monday. Yes, in less than 3 full days, he gained 6.5 ounces. MONSTER!

So happy we've been successful though. Now if only he'd sleep a TINY bit more at night, like wake up every 3 hours to eat, rather than every hour and a half or two... but at least he's happy and extremely healthy - we're blessed!

I guess I DO like breastfeeding so often, now that I think about it. You burn SO many calories that it makes weight loss a bit easier. I have lost 29 pounds since he was born. I have many more to go to get to my happy weight, that I haven't been at since college graduation, but I'll get there... and only 7 more pounds to shed until Carsten's baby weight is gone... now if only I could fit into my non-maternity jeans! ACK!

Happy Weekend, Sweet Friends!

3 comments:

JFlood said...

you'll get there... don't even worry about that stuff now... just focus on what you're doing and be on top of your blog updates so I can stalk you.

Much More Than Mommy said...

Wowsers! I lost quickly with #2 also -- she was a little piggy! But I loved her chubs!!!

Jill said...

Awesome :) Go, Shauna!!!!! I've still never shed the rest of my...uh..."baby weight". Now, almost 2 years later, I'm blaming Ayden. Makes me feel better. ;o) And I have more than 7 lbs!!! I'm very jealousssss!!!!

But you are so right about nursing burning calories. I almost want to nurse my kids again just so I can have that jump start, but....well, nursing a 4.5 year old is just plain creepy, and I think Ayden would be traumatized. So I guess I have to do the work.

LOVE the picture of the boys--that is adorable!!!!!