4.14.2010

forward, not reply!

Recently I was looking on Craigslist for someone to come in and deep clean our bathroom and kitchen, because I'm not always amazing at being domestic, and I guess when I get that rare moment that I'm not nursing Carsten, I don't want to scrub the floors.

I found a few good posts and did some emailing for rates and schedules, etc. And this is where I learned a valuable lesson.

The lady responded to my email. And I guess I was expecting a much lower rate, and so I made up my mind that I'd rather save that money than have clean floors. Or I guess I'd clean them myself! And then bill Trask for my cleaning services.

I was on my BlackBerry, and went to forward the email to Trask. Above the message I wrote: "For this amount, I can just clean the house myself and use that money for more shoes!!"

Innocent enough, right? Wrong! After I sent it, I realized that I replied, not forwarded. I guess I'm not terribly surprised I haven't heard back from the cleaning lady.

And no, I still haven't cleaned the floors.

6 comments:

sassypackrat said...

ROTFLMAO!

w said...

oh snap. also. hahahaahhaahah! banter.

Sheed Happens. said...

I'll come over there and clean them for you.... really, I will.

Much More Than Mommy said...

Oh no you did NOT do that! HAHAHAHAH! You poor thing!!

Amber said...

OMG, funny! I wonder what she thought!

kristi said...

that's just about the funniest thing I've heard all day. ok, it isn't 9 yet, but it's still damn funny. thanks for sharing :)