5.13.2010

Whoozit + Ebeanstalk


Awhile ago I wrote a post about a great website, Ebeanstalk, which is dedicated to selecting great developmental toys for kids. They have a team of moms and a team of child experts that help them pick out the best toys by age, so you can be sure your child gets toys that have been specifically matched to his or her age!

I was sent this Whoozit toy for Carsten to play with (ages 0-18 months) and at first I was surprised at everything the toy had 'going on'. I am not a fan of busy toys, but once I flipped the toy over to see the back of it, I loved it. It had a simple striped pattern that seemed to grab and hold Carsten's attention. Taylor, my 3-1/2 year old, however, was enthralled with the toy and loved it from the get-go. He showed Carsten all the noises it made (crinkly paper sounds, squeaks, rattles) and then Carsten seemed to pay attention. Both boys love it and it holds Carsten's attention if you are playing with it with him.

As a parent, I think this toy would be a great gift. It is easy to attach to a crib railing so they can play, although I would never leave it up at night. I am curious to watch what Carsten thinks of this toy as he grows up a bit and to see if it still holds his interest and to see if he plays with it even more, and discovers what it does on his own, without the help of his helpful and pushy older brother.

No comments: