7.09.2010

It's Factual Friday, Y'all

Factual Friday: random facts, brought to you each and every Friday... starting NOW!

This week's facts are all about giraffes. I love giraffes
!! Maybe that's why I married the tallest guy I could find!!

Enjoy your GIRAFFE facts:
Giraffes eat up to 75 pounds of food a day- typically Acacia leaves.

Tongue is 18 inches long. (I'm just going to leave this fact alone).

Although rarely heard, Giraffes can moo, hiss, roar and whistle to communicate with one another.

Giraffes at the San Diego zoo enjoy raw onions as a special treat (funny and gross, but this is Taylor's favorite snack lately! Odd + silly boy!).

Their heart is 2 feet long and weighs about 25 pounds.

Can gallop 31-37 miles per hour (so what, so can I).

They spend between 16 and 20 hours a day feeding (again, so can I).

The riveting and life-changing information you just read was found here.

No comments: