8.10.2010

running diaries


Have you missed this post series? Have you been wondering what I've been up to?

Well, I'm now able to run 10 miles without stopping.

Actually, that is FALSE. However, I have made a bit of progress. I purchased an awesome green sports bra to wrangle the beasts - so I'm one step closer. Right?

You see, running is tricky. Let me tell you why. I have to put the kids in our BOB double stroller. This thing is AWESOME, but it's a tank. Carsten is still a bit too small to be in it without the car seat, too, which makes it effin' heavy. Also, I happen to live on the 2nd story of our apartment complex, so it's a chore to somehow get my kids, the stroller and the car seat downstairs by myself without falling down the stairs. So my solution is to wait for Trask to get home - and that solution isn't working. Whether it's business trips, working late, or just us both being tired, the evening is not a good time for us to run. And I can't see me waking up both of the boys to go run in the morning, so I'm going to have to think of something. I'm sure we'll be more apt to run when it's not warm in the evenings. I've considered renting a garage solely for the purpose of parking my giant stroller in it. Silly?

While I'm not running as much as I want to (unless it's to frantically get to the bathroom or to a piece of cake), I'm still making strides to being a healthier and hotter me. Get it, strides?!

More later, peace out! I'm winded from typing.

2 comments:

D/J F said...

Do the Crawfish Crawl with me this Saturday! 5k (3.something miles). ALL FLAT. Pretty please?

D/J F said...

Do the Crawfish Crawl with me this Saturday! 5k (3.something miles). ALL FLAT. Pretty please?