1.11.2011

a little update...


... because you are totally curious about what I've been doing - since I haven't been blogging (for months!), and all. Well, grab a cold one and maybe a blankie, then sit back and relax while I lull you into a nice, deep sleep with the tales of me and hot-shot lifestyle.

First, for all of you who have been trying to peep into my windows, or who have been trying to stalk me in the still of the night, or during the harsh light of the day - you won't find me. I'm not hiding from you, so sit tight and I'll tell you where you can find me now. So, we moved. We couldn't handle the apartment any longer - and we moved.

The whole process of finding the rental house (thanks for the link, Julie!), to moving in was under 3 weeks. And it was SMACK-DAB in the middle of December. If you know me well enough by now, you know that change isn't always easy for me. Change is especially not easy for me if I haven't had proper time to plan and worry and get really anxious and scared. This rapid-move was great for me, in a lot of ways. I had NO time to worry, because I had an apartment to pack up and the holidays to prepare for.
We are now in a lovely little home, still outside of Portland, in the Beaverton-Hillsboro area, and I'm loving it. I'm slowly getting used to having a 2-story home, as are my thighs. I'm discovering that whatever floor I'm on - my phone isn't. We went from having 950 square feet of apartment to having 1700 square feet of house. All the extra space is awesome, and things don't feel so crapped or tense. I'm slowly trying to get the decorating just right, but I'm a perpetual decorator, so it's never actually DONE. Trask will never understand this, but I don't expect him to, I suppose.

In other news, the boys are great! Taylor is loving school, but just wants to skip ahead to kindergarten. We register him for kindergarten in a few months. I'm excited that he is so excited! I like watching him grow and get more brilliant every day. Now if only he'd stop saying "butt crack" all the time. He's proving to be the perfect big brother - with just the right amount of love, with the perfect dose of torture and teasing. Carsten loves it all, the hugs, kisses, pinches and shoves. And, well, to be honest, Carsten is usually the one who starts all of it.

Carsten is as sassy as a kid can get. He is always up to something, and I think that's what I love most about him. He's sneaky and a little intense, but I like a good challenge. Now it's not that he can't be sweet, because he can, but Taylor is our definite sweetheart. Carsten is more of a spit-fire. I wonder how birth order comes to play in all of this. Carsten is now 10-1/2 months old and has two bottom teeth, and is closer to walking each day. He's mastered 3 steps solo, a few times, and I'm sure in a few weeks he'll have it all mastered.

Well... I just got hungry and I'm going to go grab a snack and try to hide it from the boys so I don't have to share. To lure you back here again (or to make you never want to come back), soon I'll be blogging about a trauma wound from nursing a boy with two bottom teeth.


Peace out and smoochies!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're back and your new banner is Awesome-o!