3.10.2011

Carsten is one.


Well, it's official. I have a toddler in the house. Carsten turned one a few weeks ago and I've been so consumed with other things that I have neglected this blog, once again. I feel like that is permissible, because I'd rather neglect my blog instead of forgetting to take care of the kids. But in a perfect world, I'd be able to juggle all of it - blogging, Lemon Kissed, Lemon Shack Vintage, keeping in touch with loved ones and making sure my husband and kids are insanely happy. I think I need more arms. Or a real hot assistant.

So, Carsten is one. He started walking at 11 months. He started running last week. He started screaming whilst running only yesterday, with his hands in the air for added dramatic effect. He is talking a lot. He loves to call his brother "bo bo", much to Taylor's disappointment in that. He has a hankering for mischief AT ALL TIMES. He is so dang cute, and the problem with that is: he knows he's cute. I need to take him down a notch or two. He so lovingly likes to pull up our shirts to pinch us, all while smiling and trying to tell us that this time he's not going to pinch. Yeah right. If he's grumpy or in melt-down mode, all I have to do is get out the camera. He pauses, composes himself and then smiles for the camera, as he runs his fingers through his wild locks of hair. (I'm really not kidding).

So, my life has been insanely full and happy. That's not to say that I sit here on a cloud of bliss, wearing size 2 pants and shitting show ponies... it's just that I'm learning to love everything that life gives me at that exact moment, and you know what? It makes me a better, happier person, on the days that I can actually remember that whole mantra.

Onward and upward. I can't wait to blog more. And just so you know, I'm considering giving up exclamation points up for Lent. We'll see how it goes, I'm doing a test-run now to see if it's even do-able. Kind of like your mom. Yes, that do-able.

Missed you guys and I know you missed me.

Smooches,
Shauna

No comments: